Thursday, May 2, 2013

Story Of My Life

I know that I haven't been able to give this blog as much time as I would like to (yet), but that's gonna change. At least that's the plan. Let's see if we can make posting often on this blog a habit. To start with I have decided to participate in Blog Everyday challenge. Knowing me, it most likely will take me two months to go through this challenge, so I ask you to not be too critical of me. Deal? Perfect. 

Today's prompt (yes, I am already a day behind *shakes my head*): The story of your life!

I almost didn't make it while coming out of my mother's beautiful womb. I was cold, yellow and there was no crying baby. However, my heart didn't want to stop beating just yet and held on to this beautiful life until it was rescued by an amazing mid-wife (who happened to be the same midwife that delivered my mom). I survived and my victory cheer involved crying, non-stop, for hours to follow. Soon after my father joined the army and we moved every few years so that my he could protect the north-east and north-west boarders of India. While my father served our country, I lived a life of a spoiled brat.

Then came August of 2004 and the call from the U.S. embassy, and before we knew it we were in the United States of America. Four of us arrived with four suitcases, four weeks of savings, four English words (hello, how are you) and four hearts full of dreams. We started with mastering the language (because four words wouldn't have sufficed for too long) and securing whatever jobs we could get (because four weeks of savings wouldn't last for forever), and enrolling in schools/collages (because we all had goals that we wanted to achieve). 

It has been eight years and we have come a long way. The ride for sure was not smooth, but nothing we couldn't handle. I am in the first year of medical school (my dream come true), parents have the jobs they love (but still are going to school, cause they don't know how to stop) and little brother is working towards becoming a lawyer or anything else that pays a lot. I am glad that my heart fought hard 24 years ago, and gave me an opportunity to live in this beautiful world.

Linking up with Day 1 @ Story Of My Life!

Until next time, 
Be Inspired, Stay Inspired!

8 comments:

  1. Your writing is so beautiful, by far better than a majority of people whose first language is English! What a wonderful life story and I'm so happy to hear that you and your family have accomplished so much!

    I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your prompts this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melina, that means a lot to me! :) I am a little .. I mean a lot behind on my posts for this month, but will continue to post as I get time and/or when my brain is in the mood of getting some writing done. :) You have a beautiful blog and I will be visiting again soon.

      -Sukhi

      Delete
  2. The American Dream hard at work! Don't forget the next batch of Miami pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try! :p Oh yes, more pictures. I will make sure to post them after our exam on Monday! Thank you for reminding me.

      - Sukhi

      Delete
  3. yay!! all the best...i look forward to a post from you everyday :)
    and
    Thanks for dropping by again...I appreciate it :)
    The ones who come back are the ones who count...so uv totally made my day by dropping by again...thanks ...lots of love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abhi! I love visiting you blog and will be back soon. :)

      -Sukhi

      Delete
  4. Aww, what a sweet post! I loved seeing the pics of you and your family. I'm glad to hear that you're all living the American dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison! I am a very lucky girl to have an amazing family and friends in my life.

      - Sukhi

      Delete



A medical student, with passion for fashion! I started medical school in August of 2012 and because I had so much free time in my hand I decided to start this blog!

Follow Along

Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Instagram

Tumblr

Archives

IFB

Followers